About Audrie Lawton-Evans
Judge Audrie Lawton Evans is the presiding judge of Harris County Civil Court at Law No. 1. Judge Evans was appointed to her position on August 10, 2021. She also serves as the current Administrative Judge for the Harris County Civils Courts at Law.
Judge Evans earned her law degree from Thurgood Marshall School of Law in 2002 and her Bachelor of Art in History from Loyola University in 1999. In law school, she served as the vice-president of her class, a member of Law Review, and first place winner of the 2001-2002 Helen Dawn Williams Mock Trial competition.
Judge Evans began her legal practice at the Office of the Attorney General of Texas as an Assistant Attorney General in the Civil Litigation Division. After returning home from Austin, Texas, Judge Evans served as an Assistant Disciplinary Counsel with the State Bar of Texas and a Special Prosecutor with Special Prosecution Unit of Texas. Prior to her appointment, she worked as an Assistant General Counsel at a local Houston company.
In addition to her service on the bench, Judge Evans has given back to the community by volunteering countless hours to various community service organizations. She has also served as a speaker and advocate for Implicit Bias training in and around the State of Texas.
Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, TexasJuris Doctor – May 2002
- Law Review 2000-2002, Associate Editor
- 1st Place Winner, Helen Dawn Williams Mock Trial 2001-2002
- Class of 2002, Vice-President
Loyola University, New Orleans, LouisianaCollege of Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts-History 1999
- Student Bar Association, Member, Pre-Law Mock Trial Competition, Participant
Bar Admissions and Presentations
- Admitted to practice law in the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western District Courts of Texas.
- 2017 Presenter, Collections and Creditors’ Rights 15th Annual Course TexasBar CLE, Practice in Justice Courts, Hon. David Patronella-co-presenter.
- 2022, Presenter, Implicit Bias in the Courtroom, 19th Annual Texas Minority Program.
- 2022, Presenter, Unconscious Bias in Jury Selection -State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting.